Thursday, August 2, 2012

Olympic Fever

Hey ya'll!!!  I think I should start out by "screaming" from my keyboard... USA! USA! USA! USA!

Last Friday I went to the airshow on base for the family only day with some of the other wives and got to see the Thunderbirds do a practice run and saw for the first time the F-22 Raptor demo.  It was awesome.  What was even more awesome is that I was in shorts and a tank top ALL DAY!!! I actually got some tan lines!! yay to color!!

 That night we had our neighbors and some squadron friends over to watch the the opening ceremony for the Olympics and had a great time, though the opening ceremony left us quite bored... ha! Layne had to work the air show Saturday and Sunday, so we didn't get to see much of each other (yet again).  I took our neighbors (Dan and Tricia) to the airshow on Saturday so they could see the Thunderbirds and also to see what Layne flies! We had a good time and I'm so thankful to have awesome neighbor friends out here, especially when Tricia is also a personal trainer like me! I now have a walking/workout partner close-by which rocks. =D  As every week goes by I'm doing a little more with the house, gaining friends, and getting used to the back and forth weather out here.  The only thing lacking right now is my presence at the gym.... yikes. I've been walking/running, and doing stuff at home, but goodness I can tell I've been without the gym for far too long! Tricia and I have started doing the stairs near our homes as well-it's over 100 stairs that join the trails throughout the area.  Stairs are an AWESOME way to get your cardio in as well as toning all aspects of your tush and legs! So if you hate running like me, climb some stairs and push yourself! Thankfully, my Advocare regimen is steady again and it is preserving what muscle I DO still have. =)
F-22 demo

Kristen, me, Michelle (fighter pilot wives) =)

Thunderbirds

Airshow at JBER, AK

But holy cow I love the Olympics!! It excites me and pumps me up so much to see so many unbelievable men and women competing at the highest level of competition against athletes from around the world.  For 2 (ish) weeks you can forget about all the stresses of life and the constant political hoorah that constantly surrounds us.  For 2 weeks you can see people competing for your country and feel so proud that these "chosen few" represent such a great nation.  Yes, I LOVE the Olympics.  Especially gymnastics and volleyball...eeeekkk!!! Way to go Fab Five for bringing home the gold; and to Michael Phelps for being the most decorated Olympian ever... wow!  As Layne and I were watching last night, he made a comment about feeling so lazy to be sitting and watching while these people who are in unbelievable shape are still pushing their bodies to the limit day after day and we're doing nothing... blah. haha  He and I are both in a workout rut and hate it.  He has way more of a reason than I, since he barely has time in his day to eat lunch; and his schedule is only getting busier.  Welcome to the life of the air force though! It's an amazing, frustrating, thrilling, and exhausting life.  But much like these athletes, the purpose and reason behind the craziness is united: to serve our country.  Now, it's back to work I go- cleaning and painting! What sports are your favorites? Get out today and train like an athlete, it'll make you feel better!

tah tah for now,
Jenni 













No comments:

Post a Comment

I sure do love hearing from you! Comments here please!